Tourism of Tamilnadu
Tamilnadu wonders tourism offers an excellent opportunity to explore famous tourist places in Tamil Nadu and attractions in Tamilnadu. Powerful dynasties like Cholas, Cheras, Pandyan and Pallavas have adorned the state with their outstanding creations. Each corner of Tamilnadu is sprinkled with pre-historic cultural legacy and has preserved its ancient Dravidian culture. The amalgam of vibrant culture and traditions gives an unique identification to this majestic land of Tamilians.
Tamil Nadu is known as : Land of Temples. Nearly 33000 ancient temples - many at least 600 to 800 years old, scattered all over the land. Studded with complex architecture, variety of sculptures, & rich inscriptions - capture the very essence of the culture & heritage of Tamil land, historically more than 2000 years old.
Tamilnadu Wonders touch various themes like Wildlife Tourism, Tamilnadu Pilgrimage Tourism, Tamil Nadu Hill Stations, Honeymoon Destinations, Beaches in Tamilnadu and many more.
List of Seven Wonders in Tamilnadu
- Madurai Meenakshi Temple
- Brihadeeswara Temple Tanjore
- Rameshwaram Temple
- Rock Fort Temple Trichy
- Mahabalipuram Sculptures
- The Senate House Chennai
- Kanadukathan Chettinad Palace
Wonders of Tamilnadu Tourism in Details
1. Madurai Meenakshi Temple : This enormous construction is from 16th century done by the Nayaks, spread on 180,000 square meters. It has 12 temple towers, minimum height being 50 meters. The southern tower is the tallest with 53 meters height.
2. Mamallapuram Pancha Rathas (5) : They are from late 7th Century by the pallavas, and all are monolith Indian rock – cut architecture.
3. Rameshwaram Temple Corridor : These corridors are around the temple lined with ornamental pillars, as long as 1km in length.
4. Rock Fort Temple Trichy : Specialty of this rock is, oldest dating to 3800 million years. And is the only rock (hillock 83 mtrs height) in the flat plains of the city Trichy.
5. Kanadukathan Chettinad Palace : It’s huge extending over 40,000 square feet and rooms embellished with use of Burmese teak wood, Italian marble and English steel.
6. The Senate House Chennai : Completed in the year of 1873, in the university campus. It displays a unique blend of Indo Saracenic style of architecture.
7. Brihadeeswara Temple Tanjore : One of the tallest temple tower (65 meters) with a unique feature, the shadow will never occur during noon at anytime of the year.
"The losers of Tamilnadu wonders included the Pichavaram Mangroves, San Thome Basilica, Vivekananda Memorial Rock, the Mathur Hanging Bridge, the Vellore Fort and Marina Beach - The last name shocking many in the audience who wondered how it could even get on any short list".
UNESCO Heritage Sites
Temples in Thanjavur, Darasuram, Gangaikondacholapuram and Mahabalipuram, have been declared as UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
Request For Free Tour Quotation and Itinerary Suggestion
(Fill out the form below to receive a cheap and best price quotation for your trip)
Tourism of Incredible India - Network Links
Copyright © Wonders of Tamilnadu Tourism. All Rights Reserved.
Comments & Suggestions: email@example.com